oracle dba [5-7 yrs]
Posted by Pavan DBA on June 18, 2012
We have below openings for one of our MNC client in Hyderabad on below requirements.
Position:- Database Administrator
Exp:- 5 to 7 years
relevant exp should be in Ariba:- 5+years
Work Location:- Hyderabad
This position performs a variety of complex administrative and technical activities to manage the database and data dictionaries of the enterprise including but not limited to troubleshooting and database system planning and management.
• Responsible for installation, patching and upgrades on all enterprise database systems
• Responsible for user provisioning and security on all enterprise database systems
• Maintains the integrity of data within the production environment – including execution of proper backup and restoration policies and procedures.
• Provides input on the selection and implementation of all database administration tools.
• Develop and maintain SSIS routines
• Assists with database cleanup and optimization activities.
• Assists with database design – especially in regards to design maintainability.
• Assists with preparation of detailed technical specifications.
• Helps in database programming, troubleshooting and management of problems affecting IT and enterprise database applications, as well as developing the area for future expansion.
• Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open database issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
• Develops strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
• 5+ years of experience of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM)
• 5+ years of experience with windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage
• 5+ years of experience in managing Oracle and SQL server database servers (at least 50-100) in mission critical applications in Production environments
• Documentation skills for processes and procedures ( creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc )
• Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools and applications ( e.gRedGate, idera, SCOM )
• MCDBA / MCT / Oracle Certification preferred
• Knowledge in a scripting language like Powershell, VBScript, WSH
• Strong analytical skills and focus on adding value to company.
• Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization and with external customers and vendors.
• Ability to interpret, evaluate and communicate detailed information.
• Strong attention to detail and data analysis skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Strong motivational, coaching, and teaching skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to contribute to the creation and review of an information systems strategy and organization-wide technical architecture.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Demonstrated proficiency in technicalwriting is required.
• Having been on-site in USA would be an added bonus.
• Master’s degree in Business, MIS or related field
• Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, IT or related field
• Manage data models in Erwin
• Experience with database partitioning
• Experience with database clustering
• Proficient in Transact SQL development
• Reporting to Operations Director
• Working Hours – 12.30pm to 9.30pm
Please share your below details:-
Notice period:-(not should be more than 30 days)
Note:- Onle permanent job type of candidate will be consider.