When to use NOLOGGING ???
Posted by Pavan DBA on April 25, 2012
Many people believe that using NOLOGGING option with the DML or DDL commands with not generate any redo entries. In fact, only a limited number of operations can be performed with NOLOGGING clause. Those operations are as follows…..
• direct load (SQL*Loader)
• direct-load INSERT
• CREATE TABLE … AS SELECT
• CREATE INDEX
• ALTER TABLE … MOVE PARTITION
• ALTER TABLE … SPLIT PARTITION
• ALTER INDEX … SPLIT PARTITION
• ALTER INDEX … REBUILD
• ALTER INDEX … REBUILD PARTITION
• INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE on LOBs in NOCACHE NOLOGGING mode stored out of line