Oracle DBA [4-6 yrs]
Posted by Pavan DBA on March 4, 2012
Greetings from AS Consultancy Services,
We have a opening for Oracle DBA for one of our MNC client.
Find the details below,
Experience: 4+ Years
Technical Competency : Oracle Database Administration
* Solid experience in the administration of Oracle RDBMS 9i RAC & 10g RAC databases is mandatory. Knowledge on Oracle RDBMS 8i and ORACLE RDBMS 11g is desirable
* Experience in supporting ASM and Standby databases is mandatory
* Good command of SQL (Knowledge of DDL, DML) especially in the database administration and management area and other Oracle Tools is required
* Sound knowledge of Backup and Recovery using RMAN, SQL BackTrack, hot and cold backups, Dataguard, export/import is mandatory. Knowledge of Enterprise backup solutions is preferred
* Sound experience in UNIX and supporting Oracle on UNIX & Windows is mandatory
* Sound Performance tuning experience, including tkprof, AWR, ADDM, StatsPack, tracing sessions, reading explain plans is mandatory
* Good experience in applying patches to various Oracle components is mandatory
* Sound knowledge and experience in cloning databases and migrating databases between platforms is mandatory
* Experience in installation of Oracle products, including compilation and relinking experience is required
* Knowledge of Oracle Security challenges and solutions is mandatory. Experience in having supported SOX compliant databases is desirable
* Experience with managing a large data infrastructure using tools like Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) for monitoring and management is required
* Experience in Database upgrades between various versions is mandatory
* Good knowledge of Change Management process and Configuration Management is required
* Capacity Planning knowledge, especially the ability to aggregate day to day challenges into a bigger capacity planning effort is preferred
* Good understanding of Disaster Recovery solutions including designing, configuring and ongoing support is preferred
* Good experience in using Oracle Metalink to interact with Oracle Support is required
* Good oral and written communication skills, especially in communicating with the customer and escalating issues is desired
* 24×7 Production Support experience and willingness to provide 24×7 support preferred
* Good troubleshooting skills and ability to display analytical thinking for problem solving is preferred
* Varied experience in different environments – OLTP, DSS and knowledge of allied tools for ETL is preferred
* Willingness to work as a team and the desire to mentor juniors to raise their competency and knowledge is strongly desired
* Knowledge of ITIL and experience with working on teams which use continuous improvement methodologies to improve customer satisfaction is desired
* Relevant OCP certification is preferred
* Knowledge/Working experience on Governance tools like Facets/Filenet , Ticketing system like HP openview and Oracle Application express(APEX) is a Big Plus.
If you are interested in this profile. Kindly reply back with these details.
Current Status (Permanent/ Contract)
Please get back to me immediately with your updated resume.
Request you to refer your friends/colleagues who are looking for a change.
Please ignore this mail if you have already got it.