Oracle DBA [4-10 yrs]
Posted by Pavan DBA on February 3, 2012
Experience required for the Job: 4 – 10 years
Annual Salary of the Job: 4.0 – 8.0 Lacs – Performance Based Incentives
Job Location: Hyderabad, Hyderabad / Secunderabad
We have requirement with one of our client which is a US Healthcare KPO and they have open position for Oracle DBA.
Job Location: Hyderabad
Date of Joining: Immediate joinee as company will buy out the notice period.
Salary: Max 8Lac and can offer up to 10Lac.
Oracle DBA Description:
* Provide day to day support of high OLTP & DW HA of Oracle 9i/10g/11g databases
* Provide Database Administration and support of databases to the application development teams.
* Implement and support Administration tasks such as Backup and recovery procedures, database utilities, and data replication technologies while supporting the development, test, and production environments.
* This position would be involved in our production support on-call rotation 24/7.
* Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to developers. This support will involve effective communication, escalations on Oracle bugs, issues, and or identifying anomalies to developers for their corrective actions for all production and non production releases (This task is a continuous effort throughout the SDLC)
* Assume primary ownership for the development requests submitted and work with the application team and DBA manager on prioritization.
* Identify root causes of production problems and work with developers to circumvent and resolve such problems.
* Provide technical services to monitor and maintain environments, (the Oracle production, development, and test databases) running on firm’s strategic platforms including periodic software upgrades and migration of the Oracle products.
* Document operational or newly engineered solutions properly to educate and inform the clients and DBAs from the various levels of the organization.
* Create and maintain Unix and SQL scripts to automate tasks such as setting up and refreshing DEV, QA, and Production database environments.
* Log, schedule and track all changes using change management system tools.
* Responsible for all corrections to the database infrastructure and for repairs to the system or database.
* Minimum 5 years of Full Development Life Cycle experience in OLTP and DW projects using any SDLC methodologies.
* 5+ years database administration with Oracle 9i/10g/11g, Oracle RAC, ASM, Oracle Dataguard, Grid Control, RMAN.
* 3+ years experience in reviewing, writing and debugging, tuning complex PL/SQL & SQL code.
* 3+ years experience in physical characteristics such as table design, relationships, data partition, efficient indexes, storage allocation, capacity planning etc.,
* Experience with Linux / Unix platforms & good experiencing with Linux shell and windows scripting.
* Strong working experience using Tools such as TOAD, Spotlight, Erwin etc.,
* Display strong ability in troubleshooting complex issues, problem solving and analytical, time management, written and communication skills, decision making, interpersonal relationship skills.
* Display strong inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills and experience with communicating with teams across the globe.
* Highly motivated with a commitment to quality service.
* Must be able to accurately estimate project resources and accurately project completion timelines.
* Working knowledge of Oracle Golden Gate is highly desirable.
* Working in large environments.
* Experience with versioning control, Clear Case.
* Knowledge in Healthcare industry/HL7.
* SQL Server experience.
* Knowledge of the EMC DMX VMAX CX, HP storage systems.