Posted by Pavan DBA on January 1, 2015
Posted by Pavan DBA on December 4, 2014
Does Specialized skill help Freshers in getting a job?
Opinions have always been divided when it comes to deciding whether or not to pursue a specialized course for advancing your career in the right path. Most young graduates face this dilemma of choosing the right way ahead that makes all the difference. Is it necessary to pursue specialized courses or skills like Java, PHP, SAP, SAS, HR, Digital Marketing, or Communication after graduation or post-graduation to secure a great job?
The process of making an intelligent and informed career decision is vital. Breaking into one’s chosen industry with or without a specialized degree or skills often works a morale booster. It encourages the individual to persevere, learn, and grow along with the organization. If you have graduated recently and have been looking for a job, this is a great time to start evaluating your skills and credentials to get a job in near future.
Increase your prospects with specialized skills
There are multiple advantages of opting for a specialized course in your preferred industry. The simple days of hiring a generalist are long gone. With increasing competition across all industries, an additional skill or degree definitely offers you a much-needed edge over your rivals.
- If you possess particular skills – technical, analytical, or otherwise – a specific skill set honed for a particular industry will always help you stay ahead of competition and the crowd
- The best part about specialized skills is they help you anticipate the tricky interview questions pertaining to the sector or organization and help you prepare accordingly
- Specialized skills are often relevant to several industries like Information Technology, Engineering, Management, and so on. If you are planning to explore an opportunity in that decided field, a specialized skill will stand you in good stead
However, choosing a random course from any unheard of institute, solely for the sake ‘specializing’, is sheer waste of time, effort, and money. There are certain courses which often turn out to be eyewash that leave no discernible difference in your merit or educational capabilities. Do not buckle under peer pressure when you see most of your friends are enrolling for higher studies. Do not settle for anything substandard just for the sake of earning a degree.
You can always choose to specialize in ‘transferable skills’ that include capacities for teamwork, interpersonal communication, organizational skills that go beyond a university degree and supplement your existing qualifications. Enthusiasm, adaptability, and penchant for success are skills that every employer looks for in a potential employee. And these can be learned beyond the four walls of a classroom.
If you are looking for a job, using the omnipresent digital media is crucial. In this day and age, jobs are made and offered on the virtual world. Create a compelling and professional profile, even if you are a fresher. Your profile must demonstrate your accomplishments and strength areas. Enrolling in job sites, like freshersworld.com with a focus on jobs targeted at fresh graduate and post-graduates will help you find a job easily. Start searching and applying for jobs for freshers to find the best match for your skills!
Posted in Freshers | Tagged: Does Specialized skill help Freshers in getting a job?, fresher jobs | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Pavan DBA on November 1, 2014
Skill Set: SQL DBA with Clustering
Work Location: Hyderabad
Experience: 4+ years of relevant experience in SQL DBA. Candidates should be willing to work I shifts and preference would be given to resources with 4+ years of experience. The detailed JD is given below.
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Strong knowledge on performance tuning, CDC, clustering and replication.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Failover clustering, SAN replication, and other high availability technologies
- SQL Server merge, peer to peer, or transactional replication
- Service Broker
- Administration of Analysis Services, Integration Services, or Reporting Services
- Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes
- Experience log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure, or other technologies
- Strong problem solving ability
- Strong grasp of SQL queries and ability to understand and debug complex stored procedures
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in 24×7 and environment and flexibility to work in shifts
Send ur cv’s to email@example.com with subject “SQL SERVER DBA position” (plz note any mails without this subject line will be ignored)
Posted by Pavan DBA on October 24, 2014
ORACLE DBA 11g/12c NEW BATCH For Offline !!!
Brought you by DBATALENT by Kanna Technologies
– Mode: Class Room Training
– Starting Date: 3rd NOV 2014
– Duration: 30days
– Timings: 7:30am – 9:00am IST
– Fees: Rs 12,000
– Training material provided
Early bird registrations will get Rs 2000 discount!
Attend 100% free demo on 1st NOV 2014 from 7:00 am
For more details
Write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Us: 040-40036087
Posted by Pavan DBA on October 18, 2014
ORACLE RAC 11g NEW BATCH !!!
Attend First 2 days as a demo by the Trainer Vishnu Pavan (Oracle RAC certified Expert)
Meeting link : https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/938441877
– Start Date: 20th Oct 2014
– Duration: 20 days
– Timings: 7am – 8:30am IST
– Mode: Online Training
– Fees: Rs 15,000
– Training material provided
For more details, write to: email@example.com
Contact Us: 040-40036087